Why do you Require a security Deposit?
- Our insurance requires the rider to pay the first $2,500 in damages if there is significant damage or theft of the vehicle. We collect a $2,500 deposit when you are picking up your motorcycle. This amount will reduce the available balance on your credit card. Once your motorcycle is returned on time and free of damage, the security deposit will be released.
Do I Need to Purchase Liability Insurance Through You?
- Our insurance company requires each rider purchase Liability Insurance for every day they ride. The charge for this coverage is $15 per 24-hour period. This insurance protects you and your passenger with state minimum third party liability coverage. This coverage will protect you up to the state’s minimum coverage amount.
- You may also purchase Supplemental Liability coverage which will increase your coverage by $300k for bodily injury and an additional $10k for property damage. The charge for this optional coverage is $6.95 per day.
Will there be an Orientation and safety checks when I arrive?
- Once you complete your quick rental check-in at our location one of our team members will provide a comprehensive orientation of your rental motorcycle. The orientation will include a thorough damage and safety inspection, as well as detailed instruction on features, engine starting and cutoff procedures, location of braking, turn signals, emergency flashers, stereo operations, saddle bags, cable and disc locking procedures, location and storage of the motorcycle registration, and much more. Be sure to ask as many questions as you need to feel 100% comfortable and confident with your motorcycle before you start your journey.
What happens if I get a flat tire?
- In the event of this rare occurrence, your safety comes first. Please ensure your motorcycle is parked safely on the shoulder of the road if you are not able to stop in a more secure area. Then step back away from traffic as much as possible as you call for assistance.
What is your fuel policy?
- All Motorcycles require 91 octane gasoline. If 91 is not available, use the highest octane available at the pump.
- All motorcycles are presented with a full tank at the start of your rental and should be returned with a full tank. If your motorcycle is returned with less than a full tank of fuel, you will incur a refueling charge.
What happens if I lost my rental motorcycle key?
- If you lose your rental motorcycle key, expect to pay for its replacement. Lost key fee per motorcycle is ($300 USD).
What does the 16% tax cover?
- We collect the city-wide sales tax of 6.75% and an additional 9.5% state and county tax on vehicle rentals.
Southbound Adventure Rentals | Copyright © 2020